Thursday, October 29, 2009

November 2009 Sweeps

I made it through my first day of sweeps. I might not have done the best job, but I did the best job I knew how to do. I am excited to learn but today was a day full of breaking news.

It started out pretty slow, we had some bad sweeps stories, but that's not my call. Just before 5 the scanners went crazy. A crane working on the highway rolled over and seconds later a man robbed a bank and then a PIT manuver was used to stop him.

I had help...but the show went on at six with a live shot and a great story. I was over a minute forty heavy but after killing...a lot of stories I was right on time. And then went ahead and did it all over again at 6:30.

Today was one of those days that I wished I could come home to someone. Sit around and watch Grey's while drinking a glass of wine and talking about the day (on commercials of course). It's hard to not have human contact with someone (the man) after a day like today. After a week like the last two.



This weekend mom is coming and we'll be making soup and going shopping...photos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment