Friday, January 29, 2010

Visiting Chicago

I finally got a chance to go home for a long weekend. I thought that I would get to go home a day early but the weather kept me in Boise for an extra night. I couldn't wait to get home, waking up for the flight at 4 am wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. When I arrived at the gate and looked around I thought of a great idea, one that I will be featuring on this blog. Many families were saying their goodbyes, or teens sleeping waiting for the flight to be called, or the elderly man on his way to visit his dying mother (i had a special bond with him). Each of them had a unique story to tell and a photograph to be taken. I didn't take any on this trip, as much as I wanted to. But from now on I will be.
I hope to go home more often, and when I wait in the airports I see how lonely it really can be. Waiting to go home. The couple that really made me think of this idea was a military man and his wife. She clung to him so tight as tears rolled down her face. As brave and strong as he is, I could see the fear in his eyes, the sadness that he had to leave her. It is those stories I hope to tell.
I don't want to post about work or my personal life (as interested as you are in it all), I want to turn this into something meaningful.
And maybe every once and awhile I'll give you a little update about what's going on here in Boise. Until my next trip...best to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment